Unknown file when upgrading the OS.

tamthetyrant

Turntable
Receiver
MPC 2000xl
(optional mixer and a turntable preamp)

Whats the best way of connecting all of these together (if needed)? I also have a mixer as well. I've been trying all sorts of way of connecting all of these together and I haven't been able to get things rolling (sound).

Using the turntable>mixer>preamp>receiver route is working but when I put my MPC into the mix, well for lack of a better word, hasn't. Any help appreciated, thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Update: I was able to get sound through and working with the switch of some cables, the next issue I have is that I've loaded some drums onto a disk and put it into the drive but the mpc doesn't seem to be reading it. I've tried changing primary load device to floppy as I've read in some other threads but I haven't been able to do so. Also, is the data wheel supposed to be a smooth turn or make clicks as you turn it? I did buy this MPC used off craigslist.. If so is it an easy fix (both floppy disk drive and data wheel). Thanks.

---------- Post added 07-25-2011 at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-24-2011 at 11:30 PM ----------

Update 2: Guess the data wheel's a little worn, I have to take the jog wheel off, lift the small knob and turn it to get that click feel. I was able to change primary load device to floppy and access the disks
icon_biggrin.gif
finally. Looked into getting an IDE multicard reader, seems like a good first modification to apply to the 2000xl, any suggestions as to what I should get? I looked at the ones on MPCstuff but they're hella expensive; I've read there are more affordable methods online..

Another note, the OS is at v1.14 and I've been trying to upgrade it but every time I load the 1.20 OS, it says unknown file, what type of file should the OS on the floppy disk be (the file I have is a .bin)? Thanks.

Last edited:
Back