turntable only playing left channel

JCL

i bought an atlp120 usb turntable, and when i dont have it playing through my headphones it will record in stereo (using audacity) just fine, but i cant hear the music playing. when i set it so that the music will play through my headphones, it only comes through the left channel, and only records in the left channel. i have it connected directly through my computer by usb, im not using rca cables or anything. what the hell is going on? its really pissing me off cause i cant find any answers online

I really doubt it's one of these two things but it's all I could think of...

1) maybe try checking the sample rate on audacity as well as your computer settings for the headphones and seeing if there's anything weird...

2) perhaps it's an issue of the turntable drawing too much power via usb port???

Like I said, probably not either... but worth double checking if you can

it's probably the settings in audacity. im not familiar with the program, but id be willing to bet that the manual for the turntable will tell you how you need to set it up with any DAW.

my guess is that it's only coming through mono due to settings in audacity or soundcard/mixer settings on your computer...maybe a combination of...
let us know how it works out.

edit:

theres videos on youtube showing you how to set this up. took me 30sec to find.

Last edited:
>>>>my guess is that it's only coming through mono due to settings in audacity or soundcard/mixer settings on your computer...<<<<

This is what I'd wager it is. One way to check would be to go out with RCA into your interface or stereo system; if you get both channels it's operator error/software issue, not the TT.

Back