ToP of the range macbook pro or octa core PC?

At the moment i have an old pc from like 2008 , it has a quad core 2.3 ghz processor and 4 gb of ram , it runs ok but its awfully slow at booting projects up , even with a ssd,

so heres the question , get a octacore amd processor 4.2 ghz + 16 gb of ram pc

Or macbook pro with (i think one of the lowest quadcore models) 2.2 - 2.7 quad core? :hmmm:

im not sire if the quad core will take system heavy plugins like izotope and omnipshere ? At the moment with the 2.7 quad it struggles with izotope 5 , i can only run about 4 instances of it before it crashes the projects . :4theloveofgod:

And another quick question does the graphics card or any other hardware affect the speed of DAW's ? Im going to be running sata 3 so its going to have a fast data transfeer regardless , but i dont wanna get it and there be latency !!!

thanks in advance guys!!! :D

Can anyone help ? My friend says get a macbook pro and be done with it , but will it run as fast with all my vsts on it? Omnisphere nexus izotope and things that are cpu and ram demanding , i want to have the freedom of speedy DAW boot ups and instant project load times

I tend to use it on differnt instruments , i like the exciter amongs other functions , so instead of using something else that uses less cpu i might aswell stick with what works , the only problem is the deman on recourses

As with many others I suggest you look for most bang for your buck not most well known for the buck; i.e. get the pc and load it with extra ram

A properly configured graphics card shouldn't effect DAW performance because even if you run two screens a DAW is not overly graphics intensive....where I have seen problems in the past is when people have dropped the resolution of their cards down not realizing that their DAW was optimized for the higher settings....but I haven't seen that issue in a long time.

Back