Thinking about investing in a Sp-404

At 18 I really consider myself a youngin' when it comes to the record-digging/sampling culture of hip-hop. I've been making beats for about 4 years, mostly focusing on trap/edm-inspired instrumentals but lately I've been listening to a lot of Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Mujo Beatz, Smuv, Ahnnu, and other sample-heavy boom-bap producers and trying to emulate that style with FL and it is near impossible. Everything is too perfect in software, and FL's swing is shit.
So anyway the one thing I've found in common in all these producers among others is the use of the SP-404. I really know nothing about it, but I want to learn. I've read that it's hard to macro-chop samples up on it, and a lot of people seem to use an mpc to perfect their samples and then send them over to the SP. I really want some feedback and insight from those who use the SP-404. Everything I hear from it sounds amazing.
Motivation:
[youtube]SqxxtL8rIE0[/youtube]
[youtube]WfJ-9JIsL5k[/youtube]
[youtube]c9ksTvWXrzU[/youtube]
[youtube]sbJVx1PrY9s[/youtube]
[youtube]PcUbCJCXJJY[/youtube]
[youtube]sS5BAeMQzcI[/youtube]

Last edited:
I use the sp-404sx, gonna give ya some pros and cons (imo)

Pros: Portable
Great FX that has unique character
Really fast to sample and fx n shit

Cons: the ''pads'' are not pads but stiff buttons, making it very hard to play for example froovy drums
trimming samples is tedious as ****
No usb
No mute/choke groups
No way to change the tempo of a sample without completly butchering the sound quality

Back