Which of these used DJ controllers should I buy?

HotTunah

Hi guys,

I'm a complete beginner that wants to get into DJing as a hobby.

I've looked around in my area and found a few controllers that I could buy used. Maybe you can help me find the most suitable one. I don't have any experience in different brands and what to look for, any help would be appreciated :)

First one is a Reloop TerminalMix 8 for 450€ (579€ new) Reloop Terminal Mix 8 - Reloop
4 decks seems like more than necessary for a beginner. Still seems like an all around stable choice. 6 months old and only used once by the seller.

Next on the list is the Pioneer DDJ-S1 for 300€ (600$ new) https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/DJ/Controllers/DDJ-S1
Serato DJ seems to come with the controller, seller didn't specify on the listing though. Seller writes that you have to press one cue button harder because of a loose contact. Is this something that will bite me in the ass in a few months?

Lastly I found the Reloop Beatmix 2 MK2 for 150€ (240€ new) Reloop Beatmix 2 MK2 - Reloop
Seems very simple. Is this something you get bored of quick and want something bigger? Or would this be enough to slowly get the hang of mixing songs together?

Of course I'm open to any other suggestions. I don't just want to look for the cheapest models, I'm aware that you get what you pay for. A controller suitable for a first small set, while not being to complex and daunting, would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any help. I hope this is the right forum to post this in :)

I have and really, really like a Reloop Beatpad 2. I think it's an amazing controller and the spotify integration is AMAZING. They're relatively pricey but there is a high skillcap on it, and mine has held up for about 30 shows. I know it's not one of your 3 posted controllers, but check it out.

if you're not completely set on getting into serato, I'd advise you to check out the s2 by native instruments

it comes with traktor scratch and offers you to expand your setup within the native instruments family (maschine) on a later stage.
the s2 itself is a good piece of gear for an afforable price

Back