Talkbox Setup Help!

hatbox

Hi All,

I have recently acquired a Rocktron Banshee talkbox to use with my midi controller and FL Studio. I've gone through several different tutorials however I am still unable to use it.

Having connected everything (refer to photos below) I cannot use the talkbox with the midi controller. If I record directly into a microphone in edison however I can control the voice with the midi controller but with no talkbox effect. Am I missing something here? It's incredibily frustrating so any help would be really appreciated!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 226
Can you describe how (exactly) you've got it set-up, and how you're using it? I suspect you're not sure how it actually works. Before I go into any long-winded explanations, it would be great for you to break down/enumerate your set-up here first.

Just as a bit of a primer, here's a nice DIY talkbox video to check-out: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EIQxwotn3k

GJ

Well, there's nothing coming out of the talkbox's output - at least in that picture...and if the RCA cable coming out of the S/PDIF out of the Mbox is the one going into the input of the Banshee, that's not gonna work either as S/PDIF is a digital connection, not analog. How exactly would the MIDI controller enter the scenario anyway? What would you like to control with it?

I'm looking to 'control' the talkbox by the midicontroller, like how a guitarist would use a guitar. I have seen this done on youtube however I can't figure it out. Can I get a cable from the talkboxes output and connect it to my mbox and use it that way?

I am using this as a tutorial to no avail - youtube.com/watch?v=8wq_Lkq21uE&noredirect=1

so based on the circuit diagram you need to use a microphone with this for you to get any output whatsoever

Rocktron%20Banshee%20Amplified%20Talkbox.GIF

so midi controller (actually keyboard sound or daw output to interface output to banshee in
banshee tube to mouth and microphone
microphone to interface in and daw in

input monitoring turned off (you do not want to create feedback loop with your mouth as part of that loop - quickest way to shatter your jaw if the it takes off......)

do not use the digital/optical s/pdif outputs or inputs

good luck

Back