Virus Ti2 on the way!

Casbeatz

Producer/Engineer
Anyone own one? How do you like it? The only other high-end synth I've had was a Voyager, but I recently sold it, as I found it quite limiting. The Moog was a great bass synth, but for anything else, I just couldn't get justify the cost. Hopefully, the Virus is much more versatile so I can justify the price. I was torn between the Virus, and the PolyEvolver, but in the end, I liked the total integration thing that Access provides. Yeah, it's digital, but I don't see any reason it can't sound somewhat like an analog synth if I want it to.

Last edited:
That should keep you busy for a few years :) Never owned a Virus myself, but played with them enough to know they're very versatile. Congrats!

Fantastic synth and loads of preset banks out there to get your hard drive loaded up with. I own the TI and have never looked back. Check out 7skies presets but there's loads of freebies on the Access Website.

Enjoy it's a killer synth and great to program. excellect support with lots of features appearing on every beta and firmware upgrade.

incidentally whilst the integration is great when recording you will find better results are achieved sonically by recording out via the 1/4" jacks so into a mixer attached sound interface. Then bounce down if using mutliple tracks.

Thanks for the input, guys! One question...if I record out of the outputs, can I still record midi using a simple midi cable? I hate the fact of relying on perfect playing on my end.

Thanks for the input, guys! One question...if I record out of the outputs, can I still record midi using a simple midi cable? I hate the fact of relying on perfect playing on my end.

Yes.
TI has 3 stereo 1/4" Jack outs + Spdif Digital and Midi In/Out/Thru all run in parallel.
To maximise the outs you can set up each part to left or right out this in effect will give you 6 mono outs + spdif stereo out.

IE you could have
Part 1 stereo 1 (L/R) stereo out
Part 2 stereo 2 (L/R) stereo out
Part 3 stereo 3 (L/R) stereo out

OR

Part 1 stereo 1 (L) mono out
Part 2 stereo 2 (R) mono out
Part 3 stereo 3 (L) mono out
Part 4 stereo 1 (R) mono out
Part 5 stereo 2 (L) mono out
Part 6 stereo 3 (R) mono out

This is useful for mixing various sound patches and parts in the mix.

Peace

I got the Snow and love it. Just makes sweet beautiful music!

Don't sleep on the Ultimate X preset packs!

Well i'm planning on getting one too! I'm giving up on Nexus. I will give Nexus one more try and buy more expansions. If I don't see results then ti2 for me! lol. Can you post some of your music please?

Well i'm planning on getting one too! I'm giving up on Nexus. I will give Nexus one more try and buy more expansions. If I don't see results then ti2 for me! lol. Can you post some of your music please?

whats my wife doing on your picture. it seems as though you gave her a thyroid problem to make her ass huge and raped her like she said.

Back