Synthesizer and midi

Shawndmusic

Allright, so I've found out that you can link your midi keyboard to your synthesizer and that way play sounds from the synthesizer and convert the sounds and melodies you play from the synthesizer to midi notes in your daw (I run FL studio) Tho I can't seem to find out how to do this..
So my question is: how do you do this? Thanks!

You need a MIDI interface for your computer: usually usb based these days.

• If I understand you correctly you have an external synthesiser that you want to use. If so you will need to use both a MIDI interface and an audio interface to achieve the best outcome.
    • You need to connect the MIDI THRU/OUT of the external synthesiser to the MIDI IN on the interface.
    • You also need to connect the MIDI OUT on the interface to the MIDI IN on your keyboard or external synthesiser.
    • You will need to connect the audio out(s) on your external synthesiser to the audio in(s) on your interface.
  • If I have misunderstood you, you want to control the synths inside of FL.
    • You still need the MIDI interface and just connect your MIDI OUT on your keyboard to the MIDI IN on the interface.
    • Route your keyboard input to the required channel strip and start recording/playing

Last edited:
Back