Roland JD-Xi & M-audio Axiom 49

BB87

Hi members,

I have a Roland JD-Xi. It's a "all in one" synthesizer and drum machine with an intergrated 4 track sequencer. I has a lot of presets, which can be configured with all classic parameters : ADSR, Filters etc.

The problem is, it has limited knobs and you often have to go through menus to configure those parameters.

So I connected my MIDI controller M-audio Axiom 49 into the MIDI in port of the synth. I checked the JD-Xi MIDI implementation where it clearly states : "Cutoff (Controller number 74)". I then chose the knob I wanted to assign and chose the value CC74. It works perfectly.

I then wished to assign a knob to control the LFO shape and this is where I got confused. The MIDI implementation says "
Parameter : LFO
Partial : 1 - 3
Controller number : NRPN MSB:0, LSB:3 - 5
Value : 0 - 5

How would I enter this into my Axiom 49 ?

Best,

Alex

This is straight from the Axiom's manual:

"Your Axiom keyboard makes the process of transmitting NRPN's easy. All you need is to enter the desired NRPN LSB by pressing the LSB/Databutton twice, enter the NRPN MSB by pressing the MSB/Data button twice, and as you move the controller, the selected NRPN message is sent out.Assign NRPN coarse to make big sweeps, or NRPN fine to make slight adjustments"

Back