Need advice on midi keyboards

Gaus

Im looking to buy a midi keyboard with 49 keys and faders n stuff. I dont need pads since i already have a pad controller, but they seem to be on most keyboards in my price range. The feel of the keys is important to me, i went to my local music store and tried some keyboards, and the keys liked the most were on the Roland A49 and Nektar Panorama. The a49 however, is to basic for me and the panorama is to expensive. I am currently considering getting either a Roland A500 pro (A-500PRO :: Products :: Roland) or a Nektar Impact LX49 (49 & 61 note USB MIDI controller | keyboard | Bitwig Studio | Cubase | Digital Performer | GarageBand | Logic | Reaper | Reason | Sonar | Studio One). Have any1 had any experience with these keyboards? Anyone have any other advices?
Any advice is greatly apreciated! Peace!

Hi!

Are you really sure you want faders? I have been using an M-Audio Axiom 61 MkII with faders and endless knobs for four years but I find myself not using them very often, however the quality of the keys are quite good.

If you think the keys on the Roland are good then go with that and don't buy the hype that's around these "fully-featured" keyboards. Later if you need faders, you can buy a controller with motorized ones like the Mackie Control Universal Pro.

thanks for your replies. I was thinking about it, but when i tried it in the store, i didnt really like the feel of the keys that much compared to other keyboards. It was ok, but others in the same price range felt nicer.

Back