Namm 17 will there be any new workstations

Curious if i should just buy a workstation now which i wanna get a fantom x and in which no newer keyboard i like. Yet im afraid if i do another mid range korg or yamaha or roland keyboard might come out. Any thought????

1) Will you wait and lose 6 months of fantasy productivity cause you didn't buy the keyboard ~today?
2) Will you buy something now and wish you waited for a new shiny workstation?
3) Will the new workstation (that's shiny) be so crazy that you MUST buy it and you wont have enough money left over?
4) Will you buy something now and sell it for (even money) later if something really awesome comes down the pipe?
5) Will you buy something now, love it, and buy something else to play along with as an alternate sound/companion?

Who can say?

NAMM is, what, 3 months away?
Doesn't seem that long to wait when talking about a $3,500 dollar purchase.
It's also going to be some time before it ships or is available to purchase.

How much patience you got?
The Motif Montage is a beast....but so many are quite happy with their Motif ES and XS.
Same with KORG....seems like it's all taste beyond looking at some new feature that you think is supremely useful and almost indispensable.

What is a second hand pck3?
I bought a mint condition ised fantom x6 from guitar center but it freezes on me once every other day so i gotta return it. I have my software setup with mpc touch but love keyboard workstations. I didnt like the krome or moxf but do like roland. Ima have to return it for an FA06. I love the fantom but cant find one that i can trust. So i wanted to see if i should wait.

Don't expect new workstations at NAMM 17. Buy a second hand PCK3 instead.

What is a second hand pck3?
I bought a mint condition ised fantom x6 from guitar center but it freezes on me once every other day so i gotta return it. I have my software setup with mpc touch but love keyboard workstations. I didnt like the krome or moxf but do like roland. Ima have to return it for an FA06. I love the fantom but cant find one that i can trust. So i wanted to see if i should wait.

Have you checked out the Casio MZ-X500 yet?

You should because it's a whole lotta workstation for the money!

Back