MPD26 vs MPD32

arnoldporche

I am debating between getting a MPD26 or MPD32.
From what I have researched, it is the same thing but smaller unit and less than 2 sliders.

But what difference would it make for getting that extra 2 sliders when making beats other than

Is it worth the extra $100 for the extra 2 sliders and other feature difference that the MPD32 has?

Update:
Also, I was looking at a Used MPD32 for $200 @ craigslist vs $169 new @ jr.com. Should I go for a Used MPD32 for $30 difference against a brand new MPD26?

Last edited:
The mpd32 has a ton of function buttons on it. They double up as note repeat values now those may or may not be useful for you but for me something like that is a need. It eliminates a lot of mouse work which is a big plus for me. It is all preference though

cool.

now, i'm convinced on the mpd32.

thanks for the advice!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

UPDATE: The $200 deal for a used MPD32 that I was talking about. I managed to bargain down to $180. Now it's a $10 difference between a new MPD26 and used MPD32. I believe it's still a steal! I'm so happy and everything works out ok when I connected with my Mac and Reason. Time to learn a new toy. Thanks FutureProducers! I hope to be a super producer in the future!

Last edited:
The mpd32 has a ton of function buttons on it. They double up as note repeat values now those may or may not be useful for you but for me something like that is a need. It eliminates a lot of mouse work which is a big plus for me. It is all preference though

you have me curious. the 32 doesn't appear to have too many more function buttons on it.... what do the extra function buttons do?

It came down to desk space for me, so I chose the mpd26, and I sparingly use the sliders/knobs.
Depends on what you need/use, and desk space may, or may not be a concern.

I'm glad I ran into this thread. I have been having this same debate with myself for awhile now. Seeing as it's going to be my first hands on beat making experience, I don't want to go with something too cheap that might ruin the experience (like the LPD8). On the other hand I don't want to go with something too expensive (like the MPC) without being sure that it's the route I want to take later. So these two are the only ones that make sense.

The MPD32 seems like that perfect middle ground and the extra controls it has over the 26 seem to be worth the money. I guess I'll find out. Thanks for the info, everyone!

Back