MPD 26 problem..PLEASE HELP

polopajamas

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place.

Have been using MPD26 for quite a while without any problems. I had just recorded a snare pattern in Reason, when all of a sudden the DAW stops responding to what I am doing on the pads.

Now, the screen on the MPD is still responsive to the pads. Reason will respond to the STOP, PLAY, REW, FF, etc. buttons on the MPD, but when I play the pads, there is no response from the DAW.

Any ideas on what might've happened?!

Your help is greatly appreciated! I finally felt like creating after taking a break for a while and now this happens. :(

Don't know what version of reason you use.
I use mpd18 & Mpd218 pads myself. Have a few korgs too.
So not sure what to tell ya ify ou haven't already assigned the mpd26 to the correct settings in reason's control view window.

thanks for your reply. I am using Reason 5, I remember configuring the pads when I first bought the MPD. Pad 1, Bank 1 is Note 36 on the MPD screen..if that makes sense? I believe that's C in the third octave..so I think the pads are still configured correctly. I have never had a problem with it before.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "control view window"?

Thanks for your response. Yes, the problem persists even after restarting Reason, restarting the computer, unplugging and reconnecting the USB, etc.

I have dealt with plenty of issues in the past with MPK mini and MPD18 so I know most of the basic trouble-shooting stuff. I'm really kinda stumped on this one. :(

Only thing I can think of is...using akai's software for the pad. [Been using reason since 2012 myself]

Korg can let you change notes directly from the devices themselves while akai does not as far as I know outside of the akai mpd editor software for the pads.

Last edited:
Back