Moog Minitaur setup help

scr-crw

Hi,
I recently got a moog minitaur, and for the last day I have been trying to set it up with fl studio 12. so far i have had no luck. The closest ive gotten to anything was a feedback loop. Ive downloaded the editor and ive tried using it as a instrument and as an effect. I can get it so when i turn a knob on the moog, it recognizes that in the editor, but then this morning, it stopped recognizing the moog, and know the editor doesnt even know it is connected.
Thank You,
SCR CRW

Isn't it an analog bass synthesizer, so you're really not trying to connect it to the VSTs on the screen. It's a stand alone thing you can record the analog signal thru an interface. idk..

you can't like midi map it...right? or can you? Make sure its connected before you turn FL Studio on. My crap only works if I connect everything before I open the fruit loops.

Last edited:
Isn't it an analog bass synthesizer, so you're really not trying to connect it to the VSTs on the screen. It's a stand alone thing you can record the analog signal thru an interface. idk..

you can't like midi map it...right? or can you? Make sure its connected before you turn FL Studio on. My crap only works if I connect everything before I open the fruit loops.

Analog doesn't mean it can't be controlled digitally – and Moog has exemplary VST control plugins for their synths (at least my Sub37 plugin works perfectly). That said, the audio still has to come through somewhere. But yeah, waiting for info on what the current setup is.

Maybe you should send it to me so I can have a closer look ;)

Anyway you want to set up a MIDI OUT module on one channel so you can send it notes from your piano roll.
Then in the mixer configure an external input for the audio from the MOOG. Easy as pie..

Hope this helps

Ive been using the usb midi into my pc (and power cord), and thats it for the setup. and ive been trying to setup an external input for fl studio, but my computer doesnt know that its there

Back