Mobile Midi Keyboard

Cabayon

Hey guys, I am planning on buying a midi keyboard which is easily transportable. I'm travelling every week on average and therefore do not have the possibility of setting up a homestudio, however i do not want to miss out on using a midi keyboard. Now I'm looking for suggestions of good ones that are easily transportable, as i will have to take it with my on long trainrides on weekly basis. Hoping you guys can help me out with some nice ideas

I myself use the Novation impulse 25. It fits in the Magma riot dj xl bag with laptop, pad controller, AI , headphones, cables, other stuff.
magma-bags_Riot-DJ-Backpack-XL_mga47880_6_sixty-two.jpg
270194.jpg
It's a bit on the big side , but with the bag, everything fits easily and is easily transportable.

I also used to have the Akai LPK25, but that was too crapy small to really fulfil my needs
235491.jpg

If you don't mind crappy keybed, small, but responsive , it's ok. You could also get the mpk mini with pads.
750-MPKMini_detail04.jpg

They also have the mkII
akai-mpk-mini-mkii-midi-controller-300x165.png

Akai max 25 looks good as well

You could also go for an as basic possible midi keyboard with 25 keys. Like the Keycontrol 25. Then buy seperate knobs/faders and pads. They come in handy packages as well.
Like the Akai LPD8, Ion has similar stuff.

Emu xboard is nice and small as well. With a lot of knobs.

Lots is down to preference.

A review page with a few more choices.
http://www.wirerealm.com/guides/best-25-key-midi-keyboard-controller

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am planning on buying a midi keyboard which is easily transportable. I'm travelling every week on average and therefore do not have the possibility of setting up a homestudio, however i do not want to miss out on using a midi keyboard. Now I'm looking for suggestions of good ones that are easily transportable, as i will have to take it with my on long trainrides on weekly basis. Hoping you guys can help me out with some nice ideas

Here's my 3 favorites:

Salem Beats: The 3 Best Portable MIDI Controllers

I've used quite a few and would be happy to use any of these three.
The one that works for you will depend on what's most important to you in a controller (i.e., build quality, lots of controls, ease of setup, etc.).

-Ki
Salem Beats

Thanks a lot!

After reading a lot of different reviews it seems like the Akai mpk mini mkII is the easiest to transport and enough to fulfill my needs. Sadly the the length of the Alesis VI 25 makes me think it can't be transported easily, otherwise it would be even better for me. Does anyone have experience with the vi series?

Back