MIDI Keyboard

holes

Sc - Zodat
Im thinking of buying a midi keyboard as ive only just started producing, what is a good keyboard i can get for around £20-£50?

3 Things to consider.

Weight of the keys.
Number of keys.
Whether or not it has speakers of it's own or usb only.
[midi cables or usb midi cables etc]

3 Things to consider.

Weight of the keys.
Number of keys.
Whether or not it has speakers of it's own or usb only.
[midi cables or usb midi cables etc]

Not much to consider with that kind of budget though. There's a handful of stuff that'll fit, and practically none of them are gonna be a) weighted or semi-weighted or b) more than 25 to 49 keys.

If you can add another 20 quid to the top end of your budget you could get an Akai MPK Mini MKII - mini keys but lots of features and some drum pads.

If 50 quid is your limit then maybe the Korg MicroKey (mini keys again - but good ones) or the Alesis Q25 (full size keys and a midi 'out' if you decide to get any hardware later).
Both these two are very basic boards.

If that dude's lookin for those all in one pianos, that dude's gonna have to save up at least 200$ minimum.
an akai mpd18 is like 100$ alone. a standalone piano midi controller that has 88keys and is semi weighted is 200$

A 61key is 100$, no pads. [Ctk I use separate from 88es solely as a piano]

I'd recommend saving up instead while doing research on the side.

tbh, i havent even considered any other features apart from entering keys into piano roll, are there other features that should be deciding factors? if so what are they?

Last edited:
There's keyboard controllers out there that can act as full DAW controller - drum pads, knobs that can be mapped (or automatically map) to control VST or mixer functions, faders, arpegiators. Even ones with built in step sequencers that can be linked to abletons drum rack.

I think you really need to look some reviews of keyboards at the top end of your budget and have a good think about what will help you achieve the goals you've set yourself... Along with a quick Google search of 'best budget midi controllers'; that's a useful way to spend to spen an evening.

if the only thing ya care for is inputing piano keys then that list bumps up considerably.
But them all in ones start off at 150$ and onwards.

Gotta research it : / basically having everything inside one thing or having things separated

Hey guys if you're interested in novation controllers you have a chance to win a Launchpad Pro, a Launchkey and an AudioHub. You just need to enter name and email, as simple as that. I'm writing this here because the last give away they did it was the Bass Station 2 and it went to an idiot that didn't know what it was. So I hope that even if I don't win, at leaest they will go to someone who needs them..
Just follow this link and fill the form
https://prpage.co/EKt/+174208/
Good luck

cool, i entered using your link, although i have little to no faith in these contests as it seems they are only to collect peoples' info. that's what the spam email account is for, i suppose. hopefully you get some sort of credit for that, because i was not aware of it.

shame that that BS2 went to someone who couldnt appreciate it. i own one and am always able to come up with some inspiring sounds...its also cool when your friends trip out on them too and ask "who made this one?"

Back