Midi controller reccomendation needed

GaryG.

What midi controller would be suited for a person who wants 49 semi-weighted keys, some rotary encoders and faders, 12-16 drum pads, transport controls, and the highest amount of integration with Logic with a budget of $600? Two controllers that I think fit the bill are the Nektar Panorama P4 and Novation Impulse 49 (some sacrifices). Any other recommendations?

Last edited:
I've got the Impulse49 - keybed is playable but as I have a Presonus Faderport and Maschine I don't really use the faders, knobs or pads very often to be honest. It all feels fairly solidly built.
Automap software runs pretty well.

My mate has the P4 and loves it - that motorised fader is easily as good as Faderports and he's a much better player than me and has no complaints on the keybed that I've heard.
He uses Cubase and Ableton - the Cubase integration is very good and from what I gather integration with other daws is improving steadily.

The Nektar would be my choice if I were buying again.

edit: the pads on the P4 also have a feature that's similar to the MPCs "16 levels" which is really cool for drum programming.

Last edited:
I've been hearing about the new M-Audio CTRL midi with the VIP software. It has all the bells and whistles you're looking for, just not sure how well it will be. If you're familiar with M-Audio products then you may enjoy it.

Hey guys if you're interested in novation controllers you have a chance to win a Launchpad Pro, a Launchkey and an AudioHub. You just need to enter name and email, as simple as that. I'm writing this here because the last give away they did it was the Bass Station 2 and it went to an idiot that didn't know what it was. So I hope that even if I don't win, at leaest they will go to someone who needs them..
Just follow this link and fill the form
https://prpage.co/EKt/+174208/
Good luck

Back