Mackie HUI midi messages

CPhoenix

CharlesAllen/ BMR Studios
Would anybody who owns a controller that follows Mackie HUI protocol mind doing the following:

1. Download MIDI OX
2. Move Fader 1
3. Let me know what midi messages it's sending out?

I'm trying to put my Behringer DDX3216 to use. It's old, so it doesn't follow Mackie HUI standard, so i'm trying to re-map the MIDI notes and make it mimic the midi messages that a HUI controller would be feeding my DAW, so that hopefully i can make all of these faders useful.

If you can do this... thank you soooo much. I'd be extremely appreciative.

I did actually. lol. That was one of the first that popped up from my Google searches.

I'm having a touch time interpretting it so I can place the correct MIDI message in Bome's. (ie B0 20 pp) etc. I can't figure out what MIDI message Bome's needs to send out so that my DAW will think i'm using Mackie HUI. The incoming MIDI message is very jumbled up on the Behringer (they weren't visionaries lol).

Any ideas how to use this info into something I can put into the Bome's MIDI translator?

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

ps... it's only the Fader I want to get working

Wow... GenMce looks like it may be the best solution for me, b/c for some reason nothing is making sense in the map templates I've seen. The ones you guys forwarded to me I've seen already in my Google searches and they look so foreign. I must be an idiot lol.

I'm going to try GenMce. Thanks for forwarding this bandcoach. I hope it works. Will post back w/ how I made out of course.

I believe that "fader touch" refers to a sensor that switches between fader input and output, so when you touch the fader it switches off any incoming data and disables the motor, and any movement you make to the fader then sends data out. Getting that switching to work is crucial to what you want to do.

^noted. Do you think it's an issue that this controller is not touch sensitive? Could that be part of the reason why the faders fight when I re-mapped a copy of the HUI template?

^noted. Do you think it's an issue that this controller is not touch sensitive? Could that be part of the reason why the faders fight when I re-mapped a copy of the HUI template?

You will need to have some way to switch between fader input and output, because without the ability to switch over to output fader data your fader will continue moving under the motorized control of incoming data, so the first thing you need to work out how your mixer handles input/output switching of the faders.

^That makes sense. Okay... this HAS to be the answer for why the fights fight. Now I just gotta internalize this and figure out how to fix it in the coding lol. Either that or GenMce. One of these things has GOT to work.

If this doesn't work... I think i'm going to be forced to take prior advice in another thread and just sell this thing. I can't even incorporate well. Might as well trade it in for a new mic/preamp/etc

I would not start on the HUI side of things, I would start with the mixer, when I want to set up software to control hardware I usually start with the MIDI event list editor in my sequencer.

What you want to do is see if you can switch between fader input and output from the mixer or by sending MIDI to the mixer.

Back