Limited Edition Goirgio Moroda MoradaNova synth - Would you open??

MysticRealms

Hey Guys n Gals

I am due to pick up my Novation MoroderNova Synthesizer this coming monday and I am in two minds as to whether I should open and use it or purchase a Original Novation Mininova and keep my Moroder sealed as an investment, there were only 500 of the Limited Edition Synths around the world and already most shops have sold and is no longer available (Thank god for deposits) :) for anyone interested here is some info about the MoroderNova

The Novation MoroderNova is a product created by novation, with the sound of Giorgio Moroder. Giorgio used the Novation MiniNova for his recent American DJ debut in New York, and the partnership came together from there. The MoroderNova is based on the Novation MiniNova and is loaded with Giorgio's approved synth patches. There are only a limited amount of MoroderNovas coming into the UK so call us today or click the buy now button to get hold of this soon to be legendary synth. Each of the numbered run of 500 signature MoroderNovas come with a certificate of authenticity.

• Instantly-rare, the MoroderNova is a signature edition version of Novation's MiniNova.
  • Branded with Giorgio's 'moustache and shades' insignia, and with a distinctive silver/black colourway, the unit is a stand-out piece of synth heritage.
  • The signature sounds identify some of Giorgio's most seminal moments in music. From the timbres of his disco classics with bands such as Sparks and Donna Summer, to the incredible sounds of the Top Gun and Scarface soundtracks, and his recent work with Daft Punk, Novation’s sound designers have matched each and every one to the original. With access to these you'll be able to draw inspiration from the works of one of the most influential producers alive today.
  • Limited edition, numbered one of 500 units with certificate of authenticity.

So I know many people will say use it as other wise whats the point in having it and others will feel its a good idea to preserve it and not open it.

Thoughts??
[h=1][/h]

oh it is but the question asked is one that most of our members would not have an insight into and there you have the other side of this forums greatest attributes: most folks do not waste your time or theirs giving you an opinion that has no basis in experience or reality

why leave it in the box to gain value when it will gain value whilst you are using it would be my only question

i.e. because it is a limited edition it can only gain value ~ of course the caveat there is that the value will not accrue immediately (unlike the promo blurb says) but over a few years once the instrument acquires a reputation for its sounds and quality. having it sit in a box for two or three years might give it a premium on its investment value but in the meantime you will not have benefited from the same things that make people interested in buying it

I have my doubts about this ever really gathering any real value...limited edition or not. 'Tis sure ain't a Moog Modular.

Back