Lemur and touchAble - via iPad in ableton 9

yurone

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]any advise for Ableton ipad application to control LIVE 9.0 ? [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Main focus is to control devices and mixing channels in studio mode and in live show. [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]i am considering between Lemur and touchAble..[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]what are the advantages ?[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]what limitsdo you find in each of them?[/FONT]

Never got around to trying TouchAble, but I used (tried to, at least) LiveControl2 (which is basically a preset layer for Lemur made for Live) for a while. While it worked as advertised when it did, there were a few fundamental issues that eventually made me give up and return to physical control surfaces (I was trying to replace the APC40 to regain some tabletop space): the first issue was that the connection was always a bit suspect - sometimes it'd just connect right away when I fired up Lemur, sometimes it took a random amount of fiddling with the control software or the iPad's Lemur setup or both which is quite the mood killer when you just want to make music - but of course this might have something to do with my WLAN setup rather than the system itself. Still, not quite plug & play even if it should be (after the initial config). The second issue is simply that unless tablets become haptic devices with tactile feedback, you're still staring at a screen because you can't know what you're hitting on it without looking. I don't want to have to look at a fader or knob when turning it.

Back