Launchpad vs Push

Atabeats

Looking to get some hardware to go with Ableton. What would you reccomend, and is the extra features worth the extra price on the push?

launchpad, launchpad mini is currently going for well under rrp in australia, might be a local thing or global

I've had a Launchpad, the APC40 and now use Push. The latter allows me to sequence & play a bunch of synths & drum machines, mix, add fx & generally be able to construct the basics of a track without touching the mouse - the first time I turned it on, I realized my screen had turned itself off ages ago before I even looked at it. I think it's well worth it, but while the Launchpad's scriptability is more or less a blank slate these days if you want it to be, Push's workflow needs to be adapted to, rather than the other way round.

Man Push all the way. You literally won't have to look at your screen when using one. Also it has a sequencer mode for drums and synths. It's complete control of Ableton for both studio and live.

Launchpad is cool for launching clips and now can do some of the note stuff the Push can, but Push is on a whole new level of integration and possibilities. And Ableton keep pushing out more stuff for it. on Live 9.2 now you can have all 64 pads controlling 64 things in the drum rack.

Back