Juno G vs Juno Di

thrashcomics

what will i be losing other than the guitar/bass input if i go with the Di? has anyone used both? how do the sounds and action compare?

thanks.

The Di is marketed towards its portability and light weight and for live use where as the G is more geared toward studio use.

The G has a sequencer and a sampler. While they're not the best they are on there. The input is on there as well as the ability to record audio tracks.

The Di is marketed more toward its portability and its light weight more for live use. It has an input for a mic that you can sing along with.

The G has an SRX slot for expansion as well.

The action feels about the same to me on both. I bought a Di and have played on the G a bit but not a lot. I am very happy with the Di and use it for its sounds and the keyboard.

If I wanted the SRX slot I would have gotten the G. That is about the only reason I would have. I didn't need the sequencer (or like it for that matter) or the sampler. In my opinion the Di is a great value for the price.

The G says it has the same processor as the Fantom X series. I am not sure about the Di. I don't think it's the same but definitely better than previous Juno D models.

so the di is worth the money? i play jazz/prog rock and black/power metal so the main sounds i need are grand piano, rock organ, strings and electric piano. are those good on the di?

Last edited:
Piano: I think they are pretty good. You'll see mixed reviews on these. Some people say they're phenomenal, others say they're terrible. I think they work well in a mix. Not sure about by themselves.0

Organs: Not a big fan. I haven't had it for too long so haven't dug too deep and had a chance to tweak much but so far they sounded thin to me. I'm partial to the organ on my ASR-10 anyway so don't normally use them much.

Strings: Excellent. I love the strings. Roland always does well with the strings in my opinion.

EPs: Excellent. This is one of my favorite areas. There are many different patches and I think they all sound great.

Check out the information at the Roland Clan forums. There are several reviews over there. Also, there are several pretty good reviews online if you search for them. SqueakD is on Roland Clan and also has quite a few videos on youtube with patch examples. You may want to check them out as well. Also, I think he has used both keyboards as well so you may want to try to hit him up on Roland Clan to see if he can give you more info.

Found some great info here, but nothing really recommending one board over the other. I am a keyboardist/ drummer and I'm looking to add a Roland to my rig. I am currently trying to decide between the Roland Juno Gi and Di. I don't really need the recorder, as I do all of that kind of work in Cubase. What I'm really looking for is one with great sounds (and quality of sound), particularly motion synths, lush pads and great lead synths that will be used quite a lot live as well as in the studio. There are no Roland dealers in my area so I haven't been able to 'test drive' either of them. Listening to samples and watching YouTube, it seems that the Gi is better for the sounds I'm looking for, but the Di may be more than satisfactory as well, for less the cost of the Gi. Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction, too.

is there any twicke around on juno gi for 16 midi track patchs?

Hey all, KarmaDude7337, Juno Gi is good one specially if you want to us it as midi controller too, I bought it a week ago but there is a ugly side that I found it dose not have patches and performance mode, I called Roland support and asked they said you cannot us it as 16 midi channel tracks to patch it to any midi sequencer, you can only us 4 sounds patch them with juno Gi's Live Set to any midi sequencer, so it is useless for me because I wanted to use it like full sound module at the same time. But dose any one else know if there is a twicke around to do that on Juno Gi? because if cant find a way to use normal 16 track midi patch I am going to return it and might get the Di instead

Back