Juno-G Help

PossibleBass

Hi all,

I am a new producer that recently inherited a Juno- G...
The problem is, is that it doesn't load. Not through USB, on board memory, none.
The screen lights up and shades and whatnot..

Has anyone had this issue? any fixes?
I don't have money, and can't pay $30-60 for a tech to repair.

Thanks

Hi PB,

Great keyboard.

"Doesn't load" what, exactly? Samples? Sounds or MIDI files from Compact Flash? Its own internal sounds? All or none of the above?

Get specific with your issue...

GJ

Are you sure it's not turning on or if it's just the screen that's busted? Because the latter seems to be a pretty common thing with these.

I'm pretty sure- I've plugged it into my computer, it won't load the drivers or go through FL studio. That , and it refuses to play sounds when I depress a key

It sounds like you've got some issues that will cost more than the $30-$60 you don't have, to be honest. I would try to find a good tech. You should at least be getting the default Grand Piano sound when the firmware loads up, whether the screen is working or not...

But in the interest of giving you a few stones to turn over, here are some possible resources for your DIY use (or to hand-over to a qualified tech):

* Here's the first part in a series on YouTube about changing your Juno's LCD screen-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTTw6pkayy8

* Here are the hits from Google that I got on "Juno-G Service Manual." If you or others are working on this board, you need parts lists and schematics; the Owner's Manual will be pretty useless in that regard-- https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Juno+G+service+manual

* Here's the current Roland User's Group site-- Roland - Community - Roland Users Group

* Here's the Roland Forums UK. It might help to run this stuff past other Juno G users (that aren't me)--
Roland Forums | Keyboards

I hope it works out. The Juno-G is a great workstation and a decent live performance keyboard. I still use mine a lot in the studio, after years of road use. The newer Gi is supposed to be good too. A word of caution if you do get it up and running-- avoid using the on-board 4-track recorder. It works great, actually, if you have an hour and a half after every take to let the digital audio render before you can listen to a playback. Have a few sandwiches and a TV Guide handy. Other than that, I really have no complaints; it's a fantastic board with some great sounds and MIDI features, and if you're just getting into track-making, it could be your one-stop solution (if you don't mind the workflow/menu-diving).

GJ

Back