how to make synth keys play like a keyboard or piano keys?

prodeucer

My MicroKorg doesn't have the standard keyboard or piano style of playing (because it's a synth), so how do I make this function like a keyboard or piano? Would an external module help? I do have the Roland GR-20 guitar synth pedal that could work as a module and does have piano and keyboard sounds.

if its midi-capable, it can play a midi keyboard or piano sounding vst. From what i've read it's midi-capable but ya, mainly analog.

edit: I guess only the microkorg XL has the midi-cable usb connection. Is your the newer 2008 XL model or the original 2002 one?

Last edited:
if its midi-capable, it can play a midi keyboard or piano sounding vst. From what i've read it's midi-capable but ya, mainly analog.

edit: I guess only the microkorg XL has the midi-cable usb connection. Is your the newer 2008 XL model or the original 2002 one?

There's nothing analog about the Microkorg, even it behaves a bit like one :)

Both the original and the XL have standard DIN MIDI connections; only the XL has USB MIDI.

oh i see, the other midi connection...cool cool, but ya the USB on the XL can work with a piano VST still right?

Last edited:
oh i see, the other midi connection...cool cool, but ya the USB on the XL can work with a piano VST still right?

Yeah, sure. Of course if you have an audio interface with MIDI connectors (or even a separate MIDI interface, like one of those MIDI to USB cables at its simplest), you can hook up the regular MK to your computer as well.

Back