(help) - Syncing korg volca keys to logic pro 9 without midi sync?

cvltvre

Is it possible to sync the korg volca keys with logic pro by just using the sync in and out jacks with the input and output jacks on the mac? I've been trying to figure it out by myself, but so far no luck. If this possible, I would love a bit info on how to make this possible.

Thanks for reading

You would have to record several (many) minutes of the sync tone on a track, and/or loop it, then take an output from the computer to an input of the Volca. Or, you may be able to use the Korg sync app somehow (see iTunes/iOS App Store).

Speaking from some experience, the sync function is cool, but MIDI is much more solid/robust. Why was it that you didn't want to use MIDI again?

GJ

PS-- You're not going to want to use the output jacks on the Mac, if that's the only outputs you are using (no interface). Then the sync tone will be in your stereo mix, and you not only don't want people to hear it, but it's kind of deadly; you don't want that as an audible part of a track...

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the speedy reply. I'm gonna give it a shot now, and i'll be sure to wire it though my mixer!
It's not that I don't want to use MIDI sync. It's more that I can't at this given time as I don't have a midi cable :(
I plan on buying one very soon though!
Thanks again for the info

Back