Help with keyboard, Fantom G or Motif ES

devvo

Ive recently started learning the piano so want to buy a weighted 88 key keyboard that will be the centre of my studio. I was looking first at a Komplete Kontrol s88 as i have Komplete 10 ultimate and a Maschine, or maybe a Studiologic midi keyboard, but then saw i could get a Fantom G or Motif ES used for about £1000 which isn't that much more than a Komplete Kontrol, has a ton of other functionality and i wouldn't have to turn the computer on and load vst's every time i wanted to just play, my question is what do people think is a better workstation out of the Fantom G and Motif ES? what are they like at controlling vst's? do they have a specific midi mode? which has better sounds for Hip Hop/RnB and how easy is it to map the transport controls on either to work with Maschine software and Logic.

A lot of folks love the Motif. I have a Juno G (same engine as the Fantom), and I would highly recommend it as a workstation. Great sounds, intuitive, you could do entire productions just on the keyboard, if that's how you want to work.

GJ

Back