Help Accomplishing Bass:Micro vs Moss vs MS vs OTHER

D

duder

What would accomplish Bass the best according to my setup?
I plan on selling my emu mk6(mophatt) keyboard-so i want to fill the gap with something for mainly bass sounds. Recomend me a synth around 400-700 new/used.

OR recomend me another synth according to my setup that you think might complete it. (somehow i have all i need but feel like something is missing?) Im not feeling my current bass sounds.

Setup
MPC2xl, Triton Studio + Tons of samples from mophatt.

please help a fellow out.

IS it really worth it? I mean ive seen them on ebay, but they go for around 300-400, i just was thinking that maybe id go for something else in that price (i.e. moss board), but i dont know too much about the moss and if its worth it over something like a juno or jupiter?

i have yet to acctually play with one (jupiter) in person to see if ill love it.

Does anyone have a personal opinion on it?

If you like software, go definitely for Spectrasonics Trilogy - a 3 Gb rompler containing every bass you can think of. Really recommended !!

Only for bass, you can never go wrong with a Minimoog as well - but as it is not affordable right now ($2,000) you can look for a MOOG Prodigy. Great vintage case with the great MOOG bass sounds for only $600. Just try to find it with an optional MIDI-kit included.

Another popular bass synth is the Roland SH-101, for only $500. Idem about the MIDI thing.

Another one is the Juno-60 or -106. The 60 has no standard MIDI, however the 106 does. Only $300-$450. But imho their basses are good but not so good as the previously mentioned synths.

Anymore questions or more details ? Ask me !!

waldorf pulse shouldn't be too expensive second hand either (+/- 250), and is very good for phat basses. reviews

i've got a korg z1, which is a moss synth, and i must say that it is a monster machine! va, waveshaping, physical modeling, it has it all. sounds a bit 'colder' than your average va synth, but has so many nice and useable, yet unusual features. it's not easy to get your head around, but once you started to understand it, the endless possibilities hidden in this 14 kilo aluminum tank start to show. it's main strength lies in the edlessly evolving textured pads you can program in it and in the xy-controller. but that's all imho.
some reviews
63 more reviews
dedicated site: http://www.lfo4.com

the sh101 is very suitable for basses too, indeed. but you'll need a midi to cv converter or built in midi kit. and i don't know if the fact that it doesn't have patch memory is a problem to you.

more questions? shoot.

Man you need to get that MOSS board and program it with bass sounds. The Triton is a whole new beast after you install the MOSS board. The factory sounds are decent but it doesn't come alive until you program your own sounds with it. I really believe you only have half a Triton without the MOSS.
moon.gif

Last edited:
Back