Have to buy a new MIDI Controller

C

Codra

Hi, I've to buy a new MIDI controller but my budget is so limitated. So I'm thinking about a M.Audio Keystation Mini 32 is it good?

I find that I can't play with anything that has keys that aren't standard sized -- too difficult to play chords and just jam around the scale. In addition, I find that 25 keys are enough for me most of the time but I can't say that I don't wish for a 49-key controller everytime I find myself getting limited with playing more complicated melodies.

(and they're not THAT complicated, I'm a below average keyboardist at best haha)

So if I were you I would save up for something that's regular sized that has 49 keys -- something like the Alesis Q49 if you're going super low budget and don't care about having transport controls or anything, and it's not that much more expensive than the Keystation (about $30 more or so).

Hey man I have a m audio axiom 25 like new that im gonna sell for cheap if your interested let me know we can work something out

I find that I can't play with anything that has keys that aren't standard sized -- too difficult to play chords and just jam around the scale. In addition, I find that 25 keys are enough for me most of the time but I can't say that I don't wish for a 49-key controller everytime I find myself getting limited with playing more complicated melodies.

Maybe I just have slender fingers, but I love the KORG microKEY. I have all three models as extra keyboards to supplement my SL 61 mkII.

So if I were you I would save up for something that's regular sized that has 49 keys -- something like the Alesis Q49 if you're going super low budget and don't care about having transport controls or anything, and it's not that much more expensive than the Keystation (about $30 more or so).

You're right. Transport controls are overrated if you have a computer keyboard within reach and have memorized the transport shortcuts.

37-keys, to me, is the smallest keyboard I would get if you can have only one keyboard.

-Ki
Salem Beats

I've read in other forums that Maudio keyboards have problems with sticky keys. You should do some research i believe before purchasing!

Back