electribe help

Phaceless

Triton_pert
i bought the ea-1 for $150. i printed off the manual and followed the instruction but it wont process sound from my triton...if i push the audio thru button i hear it but if i want to add efx useing the electirbe i hear nothing ......any suggestions

Accent track must be totally filled. Also the two tracks of LINE IN must have sequencer lights on, if you want to hear the entire line in sound all the 16 steps must be highlightened, and have a reasonable decay time in order to hear it.
that electribe only supports line in type signals. If you connect a mic, it won't sound.

lim a bit confused....so if i go from an output jack of my workstation lol (balma hates tritons)it wont work? 16 steps lit? does that mean i have to do more than run my sound through and record it to a daw to use its parameter adjustments.....and i only have one input track since i have the ea-1...does that make a difference?

sounds little like the microkorg, in the sense that the keys have to be pushed in to effect incoming signals. this imo makes it a weak effector box, unless you got a few extra hands.

i have a question, i did a search but couldn't really find the answer;
what electribes work as an external sequencer? how well do they work with non-electribe gears?

the reason i'm asking is that i'm searching for a cheap seq. box and right now i'm sorta leanin' in the direction of the qy70 as it's the cheapest/most functional/easiest to find but the em-1 for instance looks pretty dope.

I used to have an EM-1, doesn't really work as an external sequencer as it can only send midi signals from channels it plays. I wouldn't really go for the QY either, you're much better spending the same amount on the far more functional RM1X, which is a fully functional sequencer with a decent sample based synth engine.

jbl said:
thanks kojak.
actually the rm1x is double+ than the qy but it seems better, guess i'll just hang on for it or the rs7000.

kinda curious why the qy is less functional though.

you're hijacking this thread

somebody by accident removed one of my recomendations

why?:confused:

jbl said:
keys have to be pushed in to effect incoming signals.

Exactly.

In some way that's pretty cool, one of the features I like the most from the Electribe.

for example, this light setup will give you a "jumping" panning from left to right on the input signal

left line in track: XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
right line in track: OXOXOXOXOXOXOX

If you use the ring mode, the ring track must have notes, or the lights highlighted.

The line in of the electribe is perfect for SLICE effects over pads that goes into it. Slicing effects works better over long sounds.

Last edited:
When you want to use the audio in feature of the EA-1 you must program a pattern (which has two synths) and use the ext audio as one of the oscillators in one or both of the synths.

Read the manual a few times about porgramming patterns.

ok thanks ill have to go over that part i only read the midi and audio in portions thanks for alll the advice

Back