Do all digital keyboards have noisy hammer Keys?

illapino

For this topic, I'm only referring to 88-key models. Do all of them have noisy hammer-action keys? I'm a pianist myself, so real pianos hardly have a sound emenating from the keys themselves: you hear purely the music when you play.

But when it comes to computer music and using these fat workstations slash synthesizers, do all their hammer-action keys for this breed of digital piano, are they all this noisy? Whatever instrument or note I play, the thump hammer-action keys (on digital pianos, workstations, and synthesizers) overwhelms what goes into my ears.

Just wondered if there were an 88-key workstation that was different than the rest, that's all. I've been through Korg, Yamaha, and M-Audio keyboards now, and I'm thinking all digital hammer-action keys are like this .................

keys always clunking
keys always heavy
real piano keys aren't like that ...

Last edited:
Depends on your opinion of "noisy". Weighted keys emulate real piano feel fairly well in my opinion. Same time, my brain works kinda wierd. If a piano is even the slightest bit off tune it makes my teeth hurt(seriously somthing about the sound of thepiano wire being tapped closest I can relate is how some people act when a chalkboard is scratched. It also bugs me when silverware brushes together, go figure)and I don't even read music, I play by ear.

Somehow I got off topic, but, yeah...if weighted keys don't cut it for ya, you might wanna start saving for that Baldwin.

Back