Dave Smith Instruments: Poly Evolver Keyboard

To hear more:

I posted a total of 3 tracks that use mainly Dave Smith's Poly Evolver Keyboard's for the various parts.

This synthesizer is so inspiring! I am getting back to what I loved composing originally.

It is a great feeling.

Links in my signature

more evolver tracks on my sig :)

anyway - un-sticking this thread.

Feel free to post replies if you have any questions about the synth.

I will do my best to post a more in-depth video reviewing the beast soon.

How do the panning of the oscillators work? In one review, the reviewer made it seem like 2 of the oscillators were dedicated left and right in the stereo field. Can you control the panning of all 4 oscs?

Last edited by a moderator:
qbsfinest said:

have you never used subouts, but only the main outs on your motif rack es?

they're great for routing into a mixer and adding external effects and such (if you only want it on one voice and not on all) :)

Hi, I've just been reading this (above) post and wondered if anyone can give me a few pointers. If you could help out I'd be very grateful.

Here's the question:

Could someone give me some help getting my MPC1000 to trigger a Poly Evolver, which I've been lent. What I'm looking for is just a few basic explanations to get started. What I'd like to do is use the MPC (whilst playing other stuff) to trigger a sequence (on the PEK) - as an example sequence #1 followed by #2 etc. I have the two linked up and the PEK will trigger the MPC1000, but as so far I've had no luck the other way round (MPC > PEK). My idea (as I mentioned above) is to trigger sequences on the PEK via my MPC.

The reason for this is that I need to improvise over them and it would be easier to hit a pad on the MPC than switches on the PEK (which automatically stops if you change a pattern). I also thought that it would be great to have some stuff recorded on the MPC which then in turn triggers the PEK to play a sequence over/under the MPC.

Big thanks in advance.

p.s. I'm reading through the various manuals, so I may find the answer soon, but of course an practical explanation from someone is always easier to follow.
p.p.s. Mano 1, I'll try to find the links you're talking about in the thread (on YouTUbe), maybe that might give me some pointers.

Back