Controllers: Reason

MegaloDeez

I just sold my controllers.
M-Audio KeyRig 49
Akai MPD18
Numark Mixtrack

Im using Reason and the reason I sold everything was to upgrade to a controller more control. Not really trying to replace the Mixtrack (not my thing) but the keyboard and drum surface. I was thinking the MPK49 or MAudio AXiom or a novation....

Im debating if i need the drumpads at all which got me thinking about the M Audio Oxygen 49. I guess I really want the sliders and knobs for mixing and automation.

What are you guys using for controlling your DAWs and what would you recommend from experience?

You might wind up missing the drum pads. They bring that hands-on feel you don't really get w/ keys. Yeah... technically you can do the same w/ keys that you would w/ the drum pads, but I believe that look & feel matter too. Sometimes you need an instrument that will help you "get into" it.

Haven't owned an MPK, but they look like a great choice w/ they have everything you're looking for in one package.

The drum pads are nice to have but I would worry more about the control banks that you will not have on the oxygen I believe but the MPK has 2 of them. I think the Axioms have 2 also but I forget.

Yea X thanks for chiming in....I think I'm gonna stay true and fux with the MPK....I was looking at the either the gen 2 Axiom or the Hyperkontrol but the latter is like $500....I think for the $350 the MPK is the best value.

Yea CP thats what I was thinking...still leaning toward the MPK....what do you use?

I use the MPD18 along w/ a Keystation Pro 88 and a Radium 49. I have no idea how I used to get into my drums before my MPD lol. The feel really matters to me.

Yea the MPD is cool, but space wise for me, i couldnt really use it effective, thats why I sold it. I need everything on one surface, like the MPK or Axiom

no i didnt up upgrade the pads didnt know u could do that ill check it. no thekeys have never broken n everything seems real tuff. i had it upside in moving boxes on it n its still str8

Back