Choosing the right equipment

hofmiller

that may been discussed for many times, but I really feel confused.
I'm looking for a new gear setup for my home studio.
I use a m-audio keystation 49. If you use at home, that's decent for most projects, but not enough. I want to buy something new that fits all my needs, but actually I'm not sure what I need.

Initally, I thought a 88 key semi or fully weighted midi keyboard would be great, but I don't have any laptop. So, That'll be useless for gigs.
A stage piano (Roland NX300) seems like a good option, especially for gigs. Realistic piano sounds, weighted keys... But it doesn't have any knobs and pads. So I'm considering to buy a Maudio axiom mk ii 61 or 49 for home use. It has aftertouch and some knobs and pads... Maybe instead of midi keyboard, may I use a midi controller surface with my stage piano?

Another option is to buy a Roland FA-08. It's piano samples sound good. It's more expensive than NX300, but has some knobs and pads. I think I can use it both at home with my daw and on stage with only its library. Unfortunately It doesn't have aftertouch. Maybe I can buy a 49 key midi keyboard with aftertouch later...

My last choice is Akai MPK 88. Weighted keys, has aftertouch, pads and knobs... It's great to use at home, difficult on stage, but maybe I can use it with a sound module when I need. Users are really satisfied, but some folks say "the keyboard is not good enough and very noisy".

I know I actually need a workstation like yamaha motif... But they are expensive and I can't afford it.

Do you have any experience with this items? Or any other suggestions. Thank you for all...

Back