Best keyboard controller for rap/hip-hop ?

FreewayAdam

Hey guys I'm new to the production scene and was curious as to what u guys recommend for a keyboard controller for hip-hop/rap production. I was looking at the NI Kontrol s49 but its so damn expensive. What do you guys think ?

Thanks!

Get whatever you want and just make sure it is something you actually want to use, lol.
Although I'm not tellin ya to look elsewhere, would consider axioms or mpks. Them axioms feel pretty good and have some thick pads too.
then there's the traditional no-frills 69/76/88 key variants out there. No best exists.
There is hundreds of possible choices.

I have got Roland A-49 and can recomend it. Very nice feeling on velocity sensitive keys and good price. There is so many options avaiable on the market, you don't need to go for expensive solutions - at the end if day, your skills are key not the equipment

I don't think there's much point in getting the NI Kontrols unless you're extensively using Komplete.

Imo the NI kontrol seems like the most overpriced midi controller i have ever seen.
If u dont need knobs and faders i would recomend roland a-49 as it has the nicest keys for the price imo.
If u do need knobs and faders then your in the same situation as me and i cant help u :(

Until last month I was using the Korg MicroKey37 - it's about as basic as it gets and cheap as chips but it served me well until I felt I needed more from a controller keyboard.
Since last month I've been using the Novation Impulse 49 and couldn't be happier with it.
Automaps control of 3rd party plugins appears (so far) to work flawlessly, the keybed is definitely a step up from the little Korg; not just the full sized keys but (as near as damn it) semi-weighted and with aftertouch as well; so much more expressive.
Build quality as far as I can tell (so far) is above standard (and all midi controllers are built cheaply if we're honest) and it looks and (more importantly) feels great to play.

Until last month I was using the Korg MicroKey37 - it's about as basic as it gets and cheap as chips but it served me well until I felt I needed more from a controller keyboard.
Since last month I've been using the Novation Impulse 49 and couldn't be happier with it.
Automaps control of 3rd party plugins appears (so far) to work flawlessly, the keybed is definitely a step up from the little Korg; not just the full sized keys but (as near as damn it) semi-weighted and with aftertouch as well; so much more expressive.
Build quality as far as I can tell (so far) is above standard (and all midi controllers are built cheaply if we're honest) and it looks and (more importantly) feels great to play.

Hello, I'm also interested in an Novation Impulse 49. It works well with Logic X and Ableton?

Hey guys if you're interested in novation controllers you have a chance to win a Launchpad Pro, a Launchkey and an AudioHub. You just need to enter name and email, as simple as that. I'm writing this here because the last give away they did it was the Bass Station 2 and it went to an idiot that didn't know what it was. So I hope that even if I don't win, at leaest they will go to someone who needs them..
Just follow this link and fill the form
https://prpage.co/EKt/+174208/
Good luck

Back