Axiom pro 61 or akai 61?

Roman'

Ok, Ive heard good about both really...and ive been trying to research for about a week, and still cant come to a conclusion...My first options were axiom 2nd gen 61 vs akai 49...now i just stepped it up...because really why not just go for the top and not have to worry about buying new equipment in the near future? THE THING IS i need yalls help to really make this decision...(im going to college soon, and im going to be taking the controller with me to continue making beats, and learning to play piano, so ill be practicing on the controller also..)

Pros of axiom pro: 61 piano style keys, not as bulky as the akai, hyperlink
Cons: only 8 pads! and to my understanding no note repeat?...those are two things i really want to use...and after spending this much, i dont really plan on buying a mpd anytime soon...

Pros of the akai: 16 pads, nice keys supposedly, the note repeat on the pads, cheaper
Cons: Bulkiness

Guys what do you think would be the most logical buy here?

Last edited:
So say you were going to be an incoming freshman at a college next fall...would you toat that to college and keep it in the dorm with you?...and yea, the pads and note repeats sound NICE lol

Axioms suck IMO had one for 3 months before it broke. Connection failure of some sort. Also makes great products.

Back