Asigning pads

BOWWOW

HI all

I am new to the forum here and not really sure if I am posting in the right place.

I have an axiom 61 1st gen and want to do :

1:asign the pads to a VST other than the one I am playing on the keyboard (so keys for piano and drums on pads for ex) can I do this separation ?

2:i want to know what is the command that you use when calibrating the midi notes in device manager to switches VST's (switch from 1 vst to the other using a controller or a button on the midi controller), basically I want to switch between the different VSTS I have loaded in the project using my midi keyboard .

3: what is "prog change" ... I have 8 assignable buttons that are only identified as "prog change" with no address when using the midi learn.

that's it

Late answer, but...

1 & 2 are basically the functions of a DAW, and have little to do with MIDI or the keyboard you're using.

3: Prog(ram) change is a specific MIDI command that, well, changes the patches on whatever's at the receiving end. Not sure if they're especially useful in a studio context, unless you have some basic sounds you'd always want to go back to, like a basic piano for example.

Back