1 MIDI Keyboard + 2 MIDI Modules?

Cee High

1x mpc 1000 ---------------> 2x midi in ports + 2x midi out ports
1x alesis vi25 midi keyboard -> 1 midi out port
1x emu proteus 2000 -------> 1 midi out port + 1 midi in port + 1 midi thru port
1x waldorf blofeld desktop --> 1 midi in port
all audio outputs are feeding my mackie mixer.

I'll need the MPC 1000 to sequence the proteus & waldorf and the alesis vi25 keyboard will be what I use to play the proteus & waldorf.

How would I connect this all, in order to use the alesis keyboard to play both the proteus 2000 & waldorf and be able to record my midi sequences from both units into the mpc 1000?

I think the problem with the above setup is that MIDI outs don't generally mirror what's coming into the in port (thrus do because that's their reason for existing). Some units allow switching an out to a thru and vice versa, but dunno if that's the case here.

I reckon the easiest way here would be to simply connect the keyboard to the MPC - because the MPC, afaik, can mirror the inputted MIDI onto its outs, so then you'd only need to connect the MPC's MIDI outputs to the modules.

Alesis keyboard MIDI OUT connects to MPC MIDI IN1
Then you have two options:
Option 1: MPC MIDI OUT1 connects to PROTEUS IN and MPC MIDI OUT2 connects to BLOFELD IN
Option 2: MPC MIDI OUT1 connects to PROTEUS IN and PROTEUS THRU connects to BLOFELD IN
You then need to select channels accordingly.

Back