Suggestions for midi keyboards

20-One

This is the first time I'm posting in this forum, so idk if I'm doing this right, but can someone advise me as to which midi keyboard is better?
I'm choosing between the 'M-Audio Axiom 49 midi Keyabord' and the 'M-Audio model 88es keyboard'.
Can someone help me in deciding which one is the best one for me. I don't have a particular music style in producing yet.
Or if someone knows of an even better keyboard within a good price range then please let me know. I'm open to suggestions.

Attachments

• $_20 (1).JPG
    $_20 (1).JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 47
  • $_20.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 66
I'd go for the M-audio Axiom because of the knobs and pads.
I'm pretty sure you're better off with the axiom.
a friend of mine has it, i used it and i liked it allot. i got a Akai MPK49 myself. i would recommend that one if you want to spend some exttra bucks

Me personally, I don't like the feel of M-Audio boards, that is personal.
I love the Novation impulse line. Novation makes sound boards anyway.
For 88 keys with as much attention and money going towards the quality of the board, I'd go for Alesis Q88. 180 bucks, not much extra, most of the money went to the feel of the keys. For knobs and faders you could go for a remote zero sl on the side. Or a korg nanokontrol. Or get a novation remote keyboard?
For fully weighted keys I'd go for the Studiologic sl-990.
I also have a cakewalk apro which I like.
Having Knobs and faders on a keyboard can be nice if you wanna be mobile or space limited and you want everything on one board. In the end ,it means less of your money is going in the playability of the actual keys. It doesn't really matter that much if you're not gonna play the keys as a star. The feel can be irritating though on some boards to you. One thing, in my experience, to stay away from, is pads on a keyboard. They pretty much suck in my opinion. I'd rather buy a korg padkontrol on the side for pads. Pads on keyboards are or shit in response, or not 4x4, or too small.
As I said, it's very personal. Best to go to a shop and feel for yourself what you like in the feel of the keys on a keyboard.

Last edited:
Back