Studio Monitors

ViolaCello

Hi FP’s,

Advice/comments/experience needed: Studio Monitors. The situation: I’m about to pick-up a pair of Yamaha HS-7’s because I’ve heard that they “approximate” the NS-10’s for a small home studio well – that you can do a great mix on them and a “decent” master. My home studio is a NYC studio apartment (so for those unfamiliar with this set-up, there is a kitchen stove & sink in the same room as my speakers, small Taye drum kit, keyboard, guitar & bass – all in 400 sq ft…yes, it can be done.) My immediate need is that since most of my actual paid work is through providing background music for film, TV pilots, and live theatre – I often need to email a sample of what I’m working on to the director, who may be listening to my work laptop speakers in a Starbucks or something. Its happened more than one that I had to go meet the director with a pair of good headphones to let them know what they’re “really” supposed to be hearing. I was advised that a step in the right direction would be to use the Yamaha HS-7’s. Anyone second this advice? Anyone have a better option giving the physical situation (and in the same price range)?

Thanks!
https://plus.google.com/105904116501485652313/about

Back