Soundcards

OdomOnTheBeat

I had just bought a new hp envy desktop pc with beats audio in it. Which I was ecstatic for. It wasn't the bottom line model so at about 800 bucks I definitely enjoy what it's pushing out far as cpu, response, and other qualities I didn't have on my xp ran comp before. The bass however drowns out sounds a bit, not enough to make it tough to mix, but enough to make it annoying. It wouldn't be so bad but apparently the built in come with soundcard doesn't have an EQ of any sort with it, so I am stuck with how it is. In my other comp i just replaced i have a soundblaster audigy soundcard, and I honestly really enjoyed it. Would a soundcard of that nature be okay in a newer machine, i seen they are at best buy now for between like 30-70 depending on model. I hear a soundcard doesn't really do anything to the output far as exporting, but still the output of sound while making my beats is definitely not where i'd like it to sound. Any recommendations or suggestions?

a bit more info on your new computer would help

mobo make and model
what are you using for an audio playback system (i.e. amplifier/speaker combination)
OS you are running

ps as far as I know, you should not use a built-in eq software or hardware on your soundcard to change how your audio sounds - this is a mix issue not a fix it at the end of the chain issue

Yep, you definitely don't want any kind of EQ on the soundcard itself, as it'll just change what you are hearing - so you'd be making your mix decisions on something that's already been skewed one way or the other by the on-board EQ.

Back