Soundcard? headphone amp 250 ohm? 6 cores

brocoli

Hi, this is my first post so I apologize if this ended up in the wrong section. :cool:
Anyway, I intend to build a new computer because I am currently using a notebook and it lags in fl studio even though I'm using asio at the highest buffer.
Here are some of the parts I intended to use.

AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6core (Is Fl studio compatible with 6 cores?)
16gb ram dd3
ssd 120gb + a regular hard drive

will this be enough to eliminate most lag?

One more thing.

I intend to buy a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (250 Ohm)
Do I need a sound card? (I dont really care if the latency is high) or is it enough if I buy an external headphone amp for example, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD?
do you guys have any suggestions for good headphone amps under $ 150?

Last edited:
define lagging for us, as I am not certain that changing your machine will fix "your" problem

Last edited:
I meant like skiping. It happens when the cpu meter reaches 100% i've found. It's really anoying, what might it else be then my slow computer?
This probably happens for everybody but for me its extreme.

Last edited:
In most cases that is latency kicking in as well as processing for dsp

You can reduce this by using the triple ram version of fl - which os? x86 or x64? cpu speed?

Im on a notebook with x86 windows 7 intel atom 1.80ghz.. Sorry but what is dsp? and 2gb ram
How do i use triple ram version ?

Last edited:
dsp is digital signal processing it is what your machine does to do any fancy audio or video work - it is why it has both video and sound cards but some of the hard yards are still done by the cpu, especially any processing done within daw - which includes the dsp math internally - most vsts/plug-ins also use dsp in creating and modifying signals

get the new machine (desktop preferred) and continue to use your laptop for on the road creating

thanks , yeah that was kind of my idea. :) About the amplifier for my headphones. Do you know anything about that amplifier.

IMO No point unless you are using an external soundcard and even then no point unless you are using multiple sets at the same time

So the only thing i need is an external soundcard with enough power to drive the 250 ohm headphones?

Last edited:
Back