so weird studio microphone issue?

DJ Warpen

Hello folks, yesterday after I came out on the sauna my microphone started working so weirdly, It's like If I hum constantly about 1-3 second at middle loud microphone lost's signal until when I stop humming and mixer's db bar is just the middle way up. that's really confusing that it's not losing signal when i clap hands together very quickly. Mixer's db bar drop to -0 always when that happens so computer is not the cause of this problem. I really need what can I do to solve this problem :(.

And oh, Microphone was Award-winning microphone engineering from Michael Joly
and mixer mackie onyx 1640i

It may sound like a funny answer, but seriously, _don't blow into your expensive condenser mike._ Also, always use a pop-filter or a foam windscreen or both (but not neither). Condensers are very sensitive to moisture (from your mouth) and wind noise (like blowing into it). You will overwhelm the mike and it will distort at best and temporarily shut-down on occasion.

GJ

oh

It may sound like a funny answer, but seriously, _don't blow into your expensive condenser mike._ Also, always use a pop-filter or a foam windscreen or both (but not neither). Condensers are very sensitive to moisture (from your mouth) and wind noise (like blowing into it). You will overwhelm the mike and it will distort at best and temporarily shut-down on occasion.

GJ

Oh :D thank you, luckily this mic has not distorted yet :)

Last edited:
Back