SL MKII vs Akai Advanced vs Komplete Kontrol

DimensionX

So I am on the look out for a keyboard. I have 14 years experience of playing guitar and throughout the years I have played piano/keyboard here and there. I want to play/learn a jazzy bluesy soul funky kinda hip hop trap vibe. I'm not looking to play mega fast or crazy, I just want to be able to get the job done. However I would also like to be able to use this keyboard for a live setting where im able to be as involved live as I am with guitar -meaning I'd like to be able to control as much as possible without having to touch my computer too much. I am leaning toward the Akai Advanced because I like the feeling of the keys but I like the SL's ability to communicate with Ableton.

Does anyone have experience with these? What would you say is the best for my application as well as your own?

Plugins:

Camel Audio: Alchemy. Fabfilter: Bundle. Native Instruments: Komplete 9 Ultimate. Slate Digital: VBC, FG-X, VTM, VCC. Sugar Bytes: WOW 1/2, Vogue. XFER: Serum. Izotope: Music Production Bundle 2

Last edited:
You have 3 nice keyboards there.
You can also buy one of those midi controllers seperate from the keyboard. The remote from novation for instance.
All keyboards with knobs , faders and all kinds of controllers should be able to communicate with the major DAWs.
Liking the feel of the keys is something really personal. Did you get the chance to also feel the keys of the other two boards?
I really like the komplete kontrol as it has the possibility to indicate with lights what keys are playable in certain keys. If you're not a good key player , this could help. The mapping will be automatically adjusted for ableton as well. I assume you checked their website? https://www.native-instruments.com/...ds/komplete-kontrol-s-series/feature-details/

Back