Should I upgrade? (hip-hop)

crimsonhawk47

I've been doing music for a couple years now, got my acoustic treatment going on. I have a mac pro solely for music, A keystation Midi (which I'm not really looking for new midi unless somebody has a really good reason for me to get a new one). A Rode NT1A, a Sonar V-Studio 100, and I have logic, maschine mk2, and pro tools.

Really I'm wondering if I should get a new audio interface. The V-studio 100 was pretty well received back in the day, but I don't know if it's out of fashion now. The NT1A is also pretty damn good, but could potentially be banged up.

Lastly, do I want A/D, D/A Converters or is that more hyped? I'm not looking for oh my gajeebus diamond album quality. I just want regular ass listeners to be able to hear it and like it. I don't care that much if it doesn't impress an audio engineer.

based on your current room quality and speakers - no need to do much more. Upgrade if you want but the room will need to be gutted completely and redone if you are to hear the benefits of better convertors in addition to getting flat monitoring speakers and the power amplifiers to go with them

high end flat response monitors tend to be passive rather than active and so need amplifiers in addition to the cabinets - look at the JBL range of studio based monitoring speakers

what you have are near field powered monitor speakers

Back