You can pick only one! (Drum Machine Shopping)

I

Isaac Rife

If you could pick any Drum machine/sampler from over the years what would you pick?

Im curious to see what everyone says! (I need to buy a Machine):cool:

That's hard. I think I would have to say a Mpc 5k since we are talking hardware and it has both a synth inside and its a solid sampler.

i see! i Really want an Oberheim DMX but im too realistic so I understand that i can't use one in every single recording down the road... and every mix would sound like 1982... :4theloveofgod:

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

That's hard. I think I would have to say a Mpc 5k since we are talking hardware and it has both a synth inside and its a solid sampler.

Im leaning towards AKAI but I might wait with the new systems that are coming out!

Maschine. Unlike the hardware, you can expand till your hearts content and have a better interface to work with. I have used them all but with the software and ability to do everything quick, the maschine wins hands down.

No mention of the Tempest yet? Alright, I'll take it, then...

Im surprised most don't give it recognition... Great analog sounds (and digital) and a synth inside? No brainer, but im "Dave'd out" After recently dropping 2 grand on my Prophet 08 :berzerk:

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I think im going to coin that phrase... "Dave'd out"

I would honestly rather have a tempest then any MPC... Im not really into the whole MPC craze! But its all preference! I Think a Tempest would sound nice with my prophet 08 side by side! :D

Use to own a Roland R8 w/ expansion cards, gave it up for a MPC 4000. The reason I like the 4k, you can use your daw as a host to import your sounds/samples through the use of Ak.sys (drag & drop).

Back