Yamaha P-105 & MacBook & MPC 2000XL Combination

I have a Yamaha P-105 digital piano that I am looking to use with a MacBook and I'm looking to use it in conjunction with an MPC 2000 XL. What kind of cable would it require as the P-105 has no MIDI I/O port as it is USB to HOST only. I also plan to use an audio interface and in order to be able to plug the digital piano into the MPC I'd need a USB to MIDI converter cable, correct? The DAW I plan to use is Logic and I'm an adult beginner with no prior recording experience. Initially I'd like to learn sample-free beatmaking because I lack the time that sampling involves but hope to eventually learn sampling in the future.

Last edited:
It's always good to have Midi cables and other connectors cables and connections you also have to
sync your Mpc with whatever DAW you're working in and set your Midi channels a sample is always
truncated and edited at the beginning and end loop points for a seamless sample loop a USB to
Midi converter may be the way to go also get a Keyboard or a workstation that has Midi in out
I know it takes time to get your studio to your liking but we all have to start somewhere Happy
beat making my "G"

Back