XS8?... or not XS8?... that is the question

D

Dj Kashus Klay

ok so I got around 4geez stacked up...I am planning on buying the Motif XS8 or the XS6....I like the fact that the 8 has the weighted keys because I play piano, but if I got the 6 I'd have money left to get monitors and a new comp screen like I need....What would yall do....and dont say buy"Insert product here" instead because I know I want the motif...so If you were GOING to get the Motif which would u get?

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly dog.. i would get the 6, and all ur extra stuff..

keys are only a small thing to miss out on..

*Sup.

Wow - this is some parellel universe sh!t lol. I litterally had the same amount of loot last week, going over the same exact options. Here's the conclusion I came to:

- I personally don't mind the 61 key... Wieghted keys are lovely, but look at it like this. When you're not playing PIANO sounds... softer keys are definently ideal for synth sounds, orchestral sounds, etc. That's where my head is at - you might want wieghted keys regardless, but I personally feel like it makes more sense to roll with synth keys considering 90% of the onboard sounds are patches OTHER than piano samples...

*So my advice: drop the $1800 on the 61... keep your additional money for all the other fun stuff. I ended getting an MPD24, external hard drive, etc...

thank yall for the advice....and where did you get your XS6 for 1800 at?

Yo, get the XS6 and the rest of the shyt you need! My homie got the XS6 Motif for $1720 last week at GC in Portland, OR (No tax here too, so that is a pretty good deal). That will leave you with around $2,250 to pick up some more gear! I htink the XS6 is sick! The sounds are amazing! Im just guessing but I bet you would pay around $2800 for the 88key and still have $1200 BUT $2250 GETS YOU ALOT MORE GEAR\0! But thats only if you need it? You can get a 24" Samsung LCD for $349 on newegg.com, I dont know what monitors you want, but if that is all you need, you got enough to do either the XS6 or 8? Just depends on how much of your scratch you want to spend?

I would go with the XS6 though and save over a G!

PEACE

That's a tough one man.. I'd would have a hard time deciding which also... I play the piano as well but would lean more towards the 61. If you feel that you need more keys later one... just get digital piano.. they have nice ones around 700.

Go with the 61 man.

Ge the XS6, a decent set of monitors, some room treatment, and whatever you need for your computer. You'll be set.

"Where did you get the XS6 for $1800..."

- Alto Music. It's a small chain of music stores here in NY, (I think there's 3 of em' total...) Just like Guitar Center, smaller company.

KnockOut said:
"Where did you get the XS6 for $1800..."

- Alto Music. It's a small chain of music stores here in NY, (I think there's 3 of em' total...) Just like Guitar Center, smaller company.

They sell everything so much cheaper. I picked up my Mv8800 about a week after they were released for that same amount while they were selling for $500 more at every other major retailer.

AudiosEnvy said:
They sell everything so much cheaper. I picked up my Mv8800 about a week after they were released for that same amount while they were selling for $500 more at every other major retailer.

*Yo, off-topic but where you from AudiosEnvy? I'm posted up in Plattekill... Newburgh, New Paltz area.

Hey KnockOut, I live in Central Jersey, have my project studio up in North Jersey (which may change soon) and work in New York City. =)

Last edited:
Well thank yall for all the input.... I couldn't help myself I had to get the XS8... I plan on perfecting my piano skills while makin beats so the weighted keys were a must for me...
...preciate it yall

I would have got the 6, but as long as you are happy, that is all that matters.

Last edited:
KnockOut said:
*Yo, off-topic but where you from AudiosEnvy? I'm posted up in Plattekill... Newburgh, New Paltz area.

SPLATTEKILL!

Yeah for less than the 8, you could have gotten an xs6 and an m-audio keystation pro 88, and still have about 600 bucks left over

Last edited:
if you need a full piano, then go for it. if you just want the sound, wait for the rack and buy yourself a top quality midi controller like the CME VX8

Back