Is it worth it?

Mervegotti

I am palnning to get a Roland Sp 606 to work along with my current setup of FruityLoops, CUBASE SX3, behringer mixer, Computer and tons of VST. But I am really wondering if getting the SP is worth it (getting a nearly new unit for half the price). Not really feeling inspired lately with just software, thinking that the SP might bring a spark since it is an All-in-one sampling workstation/audio, drum machine and MIDI interface.

Also any info on how to get everything working together would be a great help.

Let me know what you'll think

Bless up

Last edited:
If you got the money, its always worth it if you're getting a deal. To me, hardware made production feel real... worst case you can sell it on ebay...i'd check what they're going for on there and you know what kinda money you're putting on the table if you don't like it.

There's lots of other things to do to spark inspiration, I'd figure I'd chime in on this because buying a drum machine made me production come alive.

Very similar. Replace Cubase with Sonar, and FL with Kinetic 2 and you've got my setup..

If you plan to use it with the computer instead of replacing the computer, you will have made the best choice possible. The 606 kicks butt where computer integration is concerned.

Check out Kinetic 2 - it was designed to be used with the 606.

I am planning on using the 606 along with the computer, been doing some research and have heard that it works well with the computer thats one reason for getting this unit.

Will take a look at kenetic 2.

Blessed love for the help

Back