Working with MPC1000 - Setting Question!

Eternalist197

Eternalist
Hi Future Producers,

I'm quite new here since I decided to stop being a guest. Been watching the forum for 4 months now and just decided to subscribe since I have questions for yall and since I can answer some of yall questions.

So I just bought an used MPC1000 4 months ago, got that JJOS free version, really happy with it. It took me like 1 month to understand 70%-80% of my new hardware. I'm just having fun with it for now since I'm trying to find the right samples (drum kits). I have plenty of them, but the majority of my drum kits doesnt sound that professional on my MPC1000. So I'm still searching for the right drums.

With that said, my question is, how do y'all set your programs ?

Personaly, I'm creating them from my computer with the BlueBox software but this can be annoying since you want a program to be in POLY mode for a sequence and sometimes you want it to be in MONO for another sequence.

I asked one of my friend who is using the MPC1000 and he told me that he was creating programs from scratch with a selection of the sounds he has on his mem card when he starts to make a beat.

So what do y'all think about it !? How do you proceed ?

Any advices will be very appreciated!!!

You pretty much answered yr own question. I usually just do it on the MP. But I been fukn w/ BlueBox just to make instrument programs. I feel you though that's why BlueBox ain't seem that special to me.. Yr just gonna have to set that when you load yr .pgm on yr MP.

Thanks for the advices. I understand it depends on how you work with your MPC. BlueBox is a nice tool tho.

and for ironbeatchef, I was aware the volume is set at 70%, I think my problem is really my drum kits (from fl studio...)

need better sounds, thanks for the site!

cut up breaks from records or whatever you sample from

when you layer and use eq/filtering, you can get a lot of different sounds with just a few hits.

ex. try using a low pass on kicks and play with the resonance

the MPC 1000 also has a compressor, which I recommend using. I can't post links yet but google "drum compression" and you'll find some good resources

keep practicing with this stuff and you'll find out what works for you

to answer your first question, I set up my drum programs after I chop my sample. I like to pick the drum sounds based on the sample for sure. I usually avoid the pre made kits as much as possible

OK that is genius Dr.StrangeLove!! Like, you can hear which drum sounds great on the sample, then put some effects on it. I think im going to stop using pre made drum kits program, only need to reorder my files on my CF Card.

Do you have any hints about saving effects ? I can do it but I need to save all files and programs, how can I only save the effect ? (not sure if I can proceed like this tho'..)

Back