Where to choose whether you want samples to overlap or not?

stereopsis

I've had a MPC 1000 for a week now, and I've just installed JJOS. What has been bothering me though, is that I don't find any consistent way to know if the MPC want to layer the samples or not when I overdub something. Sometimes I can record drums, bass and piano and play them back at the same time, but other times the bass will just cancel out the drum samples etc. Where is this setting?

yeah i had that problem when i upgraded when i had my 1k and it scared the bajesus out of me so reinstalled the old os trust me the last thing u wana do is mess with ur mpc's os functioning system ..

I've had a MPC 1000 for a week now, and I've just installed JJOS. What has been bothering me though, is that I don't find any consistent way to know if the MPC want to layer the samples or not when I overdub something. Sometimes I can record drums, bass and piano and play them back at the same time, but other times the bass will just cancel out the drum samples etc. Where is this setting?

Which version are you using, I've never run into this problem. Is there a way you can show us a video of what's happening?

If it's recording over it then you're not using overdub.
If you mean the samples are cutting each other off you might want to change to mono.

Peace

I'll try to change to mono then. Here you can hear a sample of what I'm doing. The first two bars is the loop itself, and the next two I try to overdub stuff, but as you can hear it cancels out the original loop so it just sounds like a mess!
To hear it, go to picosong, and it's a dot com address, then /qQr2

I'm not allowed to post links, so I had to post it like that :P

Back